Tuesday, April 8, 2014

BEST AMISH BOOK I'VE EVER READ



Title: Love Redeemed
Author: Kelly Irvin
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers (March 1, 2014)
Pages: 352

I have to start with a couple of confessions. First, I’m not an Amish fan. Second, I have read few Amish authors or Amish books. Now that you know the facts, I can reveal LOVE REDEEMED by KELLY IRVIN is the best Amish fiction to date I’ve read!

No other Amish novels I’ve read have come close to LOVE REDEEMED. They didn’t keep my attention the way it did. In part, that had to do with the storyline. They were mystery centered, rather than romance, and the plot - for me - weak. I also had a hard time with the use of “Amish words”.

Phoebe Christner desires to have a family of her own, but the boy she has her eyes on doesn’t seem to be interested.

Shy, Michael Daugherty, is in love with Phoebe Christner. When he decides to make his feelings known, tragedy strikes, tearing Michael and Phoebe apart. 

LOVE REDEEMED is a light romance, with a heavy dose of forgiveness. The faith element is subtle, yet strong. The writing superb. Though there were words associated with the Amish, it didn’t overpower or pull you out of the story. The plot was unique. The pace, just the right speed to keep you turning the pages, wanting more. There was a sense of romance throughout, without taking over the story.

I loved what MS. IRVIN did with the characters. They’re three dimensional, and likeable. So many things happened, yet woven together in a believable and natural way. MS IRVIN takes the story to places you wouldn’t expect. As an aspiring fiction author, I tend to rewrite lines in my mind as I read. With LOVE REDEEDED, there was no cause to do so.

MS IRVIN might just make an Amish fan out of me after all.

*Please see my profile for more information on this review.

 

No comments: